What to see in Leon
Poridad House is the headquarters of the City Council of Leon. It was made by the famous architect Juan del Ribero Rada in 1584 with a clearly classic Renaissance style. In addition to its administrative function, it hosts solemn events and serves as the headquarters of the Municipal Archive.
The building has undergone a series of changes and reforms over the centuries, including an important expansion during the 1960s when the old Principal Theatre was demolished to extend its administrative areas while maintaining Rada’s Renaissance style.
Of the original work, only the northeast area and some columns supporting the staircase that leads to the mayor's office are preserved. These come from the Convent of St. Dominic.
Among the many ornaments in the City Hall are an original stained glass window by Luis García Zurdo, on which the Leonese symbols stand out, and some murals by Vela Zanetti that dramatize the origins of the city of Leon.
In addition to its administrative function, the Town Hall is a place of enormous attraction because it preserves much of the heritage wealth that exists in Leon. Thus, it attracts a large number of tourists and visitors.
Its location also makes it a natural meeting place because of the many places of interest around it, as well as bars, restaurants and shops.