What to see in Jaen
This was built during the 19th century on the site of the Royal Convent of Our Father Saint Francis of Assisi, which had been demolished in 1867.
Although the headquarters of the Provincial Council was located in different buildings, the place where it is currently located coincides with the first headquarters where it was housed.
The building of the Royal Convent of Our Father Saint Francis of Assisi was erected in 1246 by Ferdinand III of Castile as a Palace with a chapel and then donated in 1354 by Peter of Castile to the order of the Franciscan friars. At the time of the confiscation, it suffered the same consequences as the other convents in Jaen, passing into public hands and hosting the Provincial Council of Jaen.
On the outside, there is a plant in the style of the Italian palaces of the Renaissance period, with two floors and a basement, and in the centre of the plants is an interior patio. We can highlight the beauty of this patio, in the centre of which is a fountain, around which we can see the garden, which is separated from the galleries by several balustraded columns.
Inside, distributed by the different dependencies, you can see a precious pictorial collection.