Religious Buildings in Burgos
Civil Buildings in Burgos
The Convent of the Holy Trinity was a Trinitarian convent founded in the 13th century in the city of Burgos. It stood out for its Gothic architecture.
This convent was destroyed by French troops during the Spanish War of Independence. Ultimately, the Trinitarian friars abandoned the convent in 1836, coinciding with the Confiscation of Mendizábal.
The ruins of the old Convent of the Holy Trinity were rehabilitated at the beginning of the 21st century.
The doorway of the chapel of St. Ildefonsus stands out, as it is one of the few original remains of the old convent that can be found today. It is an impressive sample of Gothic style that presents the shield of the Trinitarian Order.
Today it is the headquarters of Cáritas Diocesana of the city of Burgos.