What to see in Jaen
The Convent of Saint Joseph of the Discalced Carmelites opened its doors in 1588. From the beginning, they sought to promote the worship of Jesus Nazareno, so characteristic of this order.
The image generated great devotion from the first moments. It is unknown who carved it, which gave rise to multiple legends that covered the image with an aura of mystery and miracle that further increased devotion to it.
In 1717, the new chapel of Jesus Nazareno was inaugurated, presided over by a majestic altarpiece that frames his “camarín”, where the venerated image rests.